After several years in international business with BAT, and three years with the Langdale Group plc, Russell founded Bragg & Co in 1989, co-founded Premier Resorts in 1997, and both The World’s Finest Resorts and The Golf Consultants Association in 2002.
Russell now specialises in launching property developments using his 9-step signature launch system. This system helps property owners achieve the best return while significantly reducing development risk.
Some of Russell’s higher profile clients include Gleneagles, Celtic Manor and Champneys in the UK, Aphrodite Hills in Cyprus and Anahita in Mauritius. In more detail:
- Helped Gleneagles create its Seasonal Ownership product concept, wrote the business plan, launched “Glenmor” and then, over a 7-year period, successfully ran its sales and marketing programme achieving over £50m in property sales
- One of a team of three chosen to guide The Welsh Tourist Board on their 10 Year Plan for Golf in Wales in the run in to the 2010 The Ryder Cup
- Helped launch Celtic Manor’s new purpose-built 1500 delegate convention centre, now one of Europe’s leading conference venues
- Helped launch Ensaara Metropark, a 3,800-property new town development in Nagpur, India with a GDV of US$800m achieving US$65m of pre-sales income, which covered general infrastructure costs for the project and all construction costs for the pre-sales properties, a 200-bed hospital and a 2,000-pupil school
- Relaunched Pullwood Bay, a 50-acre property of 25 second homes in the Lake District, selling out in just two years against bank expectations of a 4-year sales programme
- Lead an advisory team of consultants, architects, quantity surveyors and interior designers to advise the underwriters of The Conrad, Algarve, Portugal, on the potential return on its stalled €80m GDV residences project
- Helped The Linthwaite, Rudding Park, The Athenaeum and Champneys hotels boost their occupancy and yield while reducing 3rd party referrals
- Helped the owners of Wildwood Golf & Country Club deliver detailed planning for an 84-bed hotel, conference centre, spa, PGA regional head office and 39 golf lodges before selling the business for £7m
- Currently running Kimpton Kawana Bay‘s global Citizenship by Investment real estate programme. The 215-key Kawana Bay will be Grenada and the Caribbean’s newest 5-Star hotel
- Also launching the 111-key Bermudiana Beach hotel in Bermuda
- Helping RedAwning, the world’s No.1 supplier of alternative short-term rental inventory to the major online channels, to establish a UK foothold
Russell is a member of the judging panel for the International Property Awards.